Devices are the Devil
When I massage my clients arms and then move into their hands to move energy through, I often hear their hands crack. I'll often joke with them about how cell phones are the DEVIL:
D - Divert
E - Energy
V - Vital
I - In
L - Life
I recommend using dictation whenever possible when using a cell phone and recommend that they not go from the frying pan into the fire when taking a break from the computer during the day.
It's hard to create new habits. For our physical, mental and spiritual well being we need to break the addictive cycle of feeding ourselves with the constant stream of information that technology creates.
Ask yourself this question: How important is it that I attend to this right here and right now or that I look this up in this very moment?
To offset the toll that technology takes, here's a simple exercise you can do during your break:
- Step away from the computer.
- Put down the cell phone.
- Stand up straight and put your arms straight out in front of you with index fingers toward the ceiling.
- Keeping your focus on your index fingers, while keeping your head straight, move your arms to the side.
- Feel how your shoulders are down and back and your chest is open.
- Drop your arms to the side and keep focusing your intent on seeing and sensing the room around you.
- Hold for 3-4 breaths.
- Notice the shift you experience in your body, mind and soul going from a hunched over head forward position focused on the screen in front of you to this expansive way of being.
Read 7 Important Reasons to Unplug and Find Space to learn more about why it is important to take a technological fast and to learn more about our fear of missing out. (FOMO)
Reserve your time on the massage table to unplug, reset and reboot by calling WaveHealth at 617-385-4540 or Mary McManus at 617-678-1426. Take a break, allow your mind, body and soul to rest and get clarity on the next steps in your journey.
Reclaim Advantage. Reclaim Life. through the power of positive quality touch.
To your health and wellness!